[PLUG] Only in Portland ...

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Wed Jul 15 23:35:25 UTC 2015

After a late night purchase at Powell's Burnside, I waited in
the shelter for the streetcar at 11th and Couch, looking at
bus schedules stored in my laptop.  A 25-ish fellow sitting
next to me looked at the screen and said "Oh!  Gnome 2!
I /loved/ Gnome 2, but Gnome 3 sucks, I'm using XFCE now ..."

He was from NYC, in PDX to look for a site for a satellite
sales and development office for his company.  I told him about
Calagator, that OSCON was next week, recruited him into PLUG
(say "I am a member"), and gave him the PLUGEXPO discount code.
He changed his flight to stay another week.

Funny thing - I remember his distro (his own clonable modification
of Gentoo) but not his name.  I'll find him at OSCON, and recruit
him for a PLUG talk or two, because Of Course he is moving here.

Late night streetcars are good for meeting interesting people
and getting desktop environment tips.  Food carts also - three
weeks ago I "had dinner" with a UC Santa Barbara prof working
on computer security for human brains ...

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com