[PLUG] Desktop failure returned

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Jul 17 15:32:00 UTC 2015

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> writes:

Russell> FWIW, any hint of hard disk trouble, I replace the hard disk.
Russell> Intermittent disk failures have a way of going swiftly to
Russell> permenant, taking all their precious cargo with them.  If you
Russell> have good backups, then you have more wiggle room.

Denis> Thanks, Russell.  Good advice.  A new disk is in the mail.  I am
Denis> now trying to decide what distro to install.  Currently it is
Denis> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  I want LTS, but Ubuntu's focus seems to be
Denis> away from desktops, so maybe it is time to move.  What distro do
Denis> you use?

I've been using Gnome Ubuntu 14.04.x.  It is also an LTS release.  With
a few Tweak Tool adjustments, I get a tolerable desktop.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net