[PLUG] Forced to update into TWENTIETH century

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sun Jun 7 13:04:45 UTC 2015

Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 06/06/2015 08:10 AM, Chuck Hast wrote:
>> <...>
>>
>> My project is to get me a 5Ghz link from town into here and send Hughes
>> packing.
>
> Is anybody in your area doing something like these guys in Florence, OR?
>
> http://www.oregonfast.net/mysqlfuncs/formatdisplay.php?m=227

That link gives valuable information clearly/cleanly presented.

The closest locally is a company that provides service over a
microwave link.
IIRC they started with a single tower on a local high spot that
had line of sight to an area that wired providers would have to
install miles of cable between "adjacent" potential customers.
Also there were many dead spots in cell phone coverage at the time.