[PLUG] useradd issue [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 14 00:32:00 UTC 2015

On Sat, 13 Jun 2015, Rich Shepard wrote:

> ... so this time I'll even repartition using cfdisk just in case something's
> screwy with the /home partition. That would certainly explain the problem.
> As a matter of fact, that must be the reason. Stay tuned for details after
> the next iteration.

   Re-partitioning and re-installing allowed adduser to function properly. It
is therefore reasonable to assume that the /home partition was mis-formed
before.

   Now to figure out why the numlock light displays when the system boots and
stays on. That, too, is a new issue not before seen.

Thanks Dale and Ed,