[PLUG] Sound works for root, not for user

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 18 23:51:34 UTC 2015

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, King Beowulf wrote:

> If you are using USB speakers, checkif something changed there, udev/perm
> wise, since USB speakers register as a sound card, and you migjt be trying
> to use the motherboard sound.

Ed,

snd_hda_codec_via      16730  1
snd_hda_intel          29700  1
snd_hda_codec         123925  2 snd_hda_codec_via,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep               4738  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm                62870  2 snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel
snd_page_alloc          6062  2 snd_pcm,snd_hda_intel
snd_timer              14870  1 snd_pcm
snd                    44159  8 snd_hwdep,snd_timer,snd_hda_codec_via,snd_pcm,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel
soundcore               4318  1 snd

   That's all I see that I can recognize as sound-related.

> Better yet, get the a proper analog set that plugs into the sound card.
> check "lsmod" to see how many sound drivers are loaded!

   That would be a pair that plug into the green mini-phone plug socket?

Thanks,