[PLUG] Sound works for root, not for user

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 02:48:21 UTC 2015

> > Better yet, get the a proper analog set that plugs into the sound card.
> > check "lsmod" to see how many sound drivers are loaded!
>
>    That would be a pair that plug into the green mini-phone plug socket?

Yes, indeed.  Even in "that other OS" a good set of plug in analog self
powered speakers go s long way in deconvoluting audio issues.

its weird though that oss kinda works, but alsa doesn't. the lsmod output
looks fine - but note that not all sound modules contain "snd" in the name.
Sure looks like something got flipped but I cant seem to put my funger on
it.

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0