[PLUG] EMF help needed Additional note

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Fri Jun 26 12:21:26 UTC 2015

Jim Garrison wrote:
> LCD monitors are not subject to magnetic interference the way
> CRTs were, so making a Faraday cage out of aluminum foil will
> not work.  The fan is causing your power to fluctuate.  It
> shouldn't be doing that, and if it does there may be a problem
> with the building's wiring.  You should notify your building
> management and ask them to get an electrician to come out and
> diagnose the problem with the fan.  There's a *small* chance
> this could be a fire hazard in the fan.

Jim Garrison
This is an interesting thought, and interesting information.  One more
question ... there are two monitors in this room, about 6-7 feet apart.
  The one near the outside wall is the one that "flickers" and goes
black.  The one 6-7 feet further in seems not to be effected at all.
Both Monitors are on UPS (separate UPS for each system), and both UPS
are plugged into the same wall socket.  Does that information effect
your thoughts on this issue in any way?
Thank you
Regards
Fred James

Additional note ... the UPS supporting the blinking monitor also
supports the desktop machine, and two network devices ... only the
monitor (as far as I can tell) is suffering.