[PLUG] EMF help needed Additional note

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Fri Jun 26 13:44:55 UTC 2015

Fred James wrote:
> Jim Garrison wrote:
>> LCD monitors are not subject to magnetic interference the way
>> CRTs were, so making a Faraday cage out of aluminum foil will
>> not work.  The fan is causing your power to fluctuate.  It
>> shouldn't be doing that, and if it does there may be a problem
>> with the building's wiring.  You should notify your building
>> management and ask them to get an electrician to come out and
>> diagnose the problem with the fan.  There's a *small* chance
>> this could be a fire hazard in the fan.
>>
> Jim Garrison
> This is an interesting thought, and interesting information.  One more
> question ... there are two monitors in this room, about 6-7 feet apart.
>    The one near the outside wall is the one that "flickers" and goes
> black.  The one 6-7 feet further in seems not to be effected at all.
> Both Monitors are on UPS (separate UPS for each system), and both UPS
> are plugged into the same wall socket.  Does that information effect
> your thoughts on this issue in any way?
> Thank you
> Regards
> Fred James
>
> Additional note ... the UPS supporting the blinking monitor also
> supports the desktop machine, and two network devices ... only the
> monitor (as far as I can tell) is suffering.

This is giving me ideas.
As I understand it
   Monitor(1) and Desktop -- plugged into UPS(1)
   Monitor(2)             -- plugged into UPS(2)
Swap monitor power cords to obtain
   Monitor(2) and Desktop -- plugged into UPS(1)
   Monitor(1)             -- plugged into UPS(2)

What effect?
Related question - with Monitor and Desktop plugged into same
UPS, how close to rated output is the UPS?