[PLUG] New laser printer advice needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 28 12:34:22 UTC 2015

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations?

   Take it to The Printer Place on SE Powell (about 20th Ave or so) and have
them check it out. If they can repair it the cost will be less than for a
new/used printer. If they cannot repair it look over their stock of
refurbished printers for one you like.

   I had them service my LJ 5 (vintage 1997 and still working flawlessly with
duplexer--the last one available, 12M RAM, and Adobe PS built in. They also
replaced the drum in the color LJ 2550 I bought used for $50 and this gives
me infrequent color printing capabilities without ink or printer heads
drying. Very good people there.