[PLUG] Flash (sigh)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 01:24:57 UTC 2015

On Xubuntu 14.04.1 my browser of choice is Firefox. Lately I have been
having problems with Flash content on webpages. At the moment Youtube
will not play, nor will anything else. I also have Chrome and Opera
installed, and neither of them will display Flash content. This always
used to work, so I am trying to figure out what has gone wrong.

In particular I am trying to view the Flash on the following URL:

https://portlandstate.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_9LHSxbSmVeNMgwR

Synaptic says that flashplugin-installer is installed. I tried
reinstalling it, but got the following error messages:

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
caused by held packages.
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
E: Unable to lock the download directory

I also tried it with Dolphin and Chrome on my Android phone, and can't
get the video to play there either.

Any suggestions?