[PLUG] Running Skype

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Mar 15 14:51:20 UTC 2015

On 03/15/2015 06:55 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>     Skype's installed on a laptop here but tells the user that it cannot
> connect. Futzing with it reveals that it is seeking a Web browser and cannot
> find what it seeks. The default seems to be 'Google.'
>
> <snip>
>
>     Anyone with experience with skype who has suggestions on what to do (or
> try) next, please share your thoughts.

When you start Skype do you get a Skype for Linux Sign In window?

I get one with a title bar that says "Skype(TM) 4.3 for Linux" on Ubuntu
12.04.

I'm give the option to sign in with a Skype Name, or a Microsoft
account. I don't have a Microsoft account so I select Skype Name, after
which the window changes. It shows my Skype Name, and has a line for my
password. Under those two is a button labeled "Sign in" and under that a
link that says, "Can't access your account?" I'm never asked for a browser.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens