[PLUG] Weird chars in title

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sat May 16 22:12:06 UTC 2015

I am trying to move a DVD to my hard disk (so I can put the thing away
and pull the video from my HD) so far I have had no issues moving
my dvd images to my storage. But this one is giving me fits, It has
some illegal characters in the title and Brasero seems to have a fit.

The name of the file as it tries to copy it is as follows:
<THE_FILE_TO_COPY_PT?.iso
The question mark is a strainge non printing char that shows up on the
GUI part of the app as a block with 00 above an 1f below, see below on
this note.

Here is is one of two items I see on the cmd line:
(brasero:1758): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error
parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 46: '8.5' is not a valid name

And the other one:

(brasero:1758): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error
parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 87: 'THE_FILE_TO_COPY_PT\u001f.iso"<'
is not a valid name: '\u001f'

I am trying to figure out how to work around this, I have tried the
command line apps like mkisofs and df, but they all only get so far.

I have the dvd decoder files as I have been moving all of my DVD's
to my hard disk without a single issue. Be nice to get them all moved
so I can put them in storage and just watch off of my disk.

--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.