[PLUG] Weird chars in title

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sun May 17 01:44:57 UTC 2015

I have also tried both, the first one I tried after the failures with
brasero
was dd, it starts OK, but then it ends indicating that it has copied the
disk over, but there is only a 420m file rather than a 5G+ file.

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Paul Mullen <pm at nellump.net> wrote:

> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 03:12:06PM -0700, Chuck Hast wrote:
> > I am trying to move a DVD to my hard disk (so I can put the thing
> > away and pull the video from my HD) so far I have had no issues
> > moving my dvd images to my storage. But this one is giving me fits,
> > It has some illegal characters in the title and Brasero seems to
> > have a fit.
>
> It might be easier to use dd on the command line, rather than trying
> to get Brasero to cooperate.
>
>   dd if=/dev/dvd of=reasonable-file-name.iso
>
> Assuming your DVD device node is /dev/dvd, a safe bet.
>
> --
> Paul

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.