[PLUG] VGA still useful?

neil at aliens.la neil at aliens.la
Tue Nov 3 23:48:53 UTC 2015

I'm glad that you asked. some new laptops come with full size HDMI and
some with micro HDMI. I like mine because it has a full size HDMI. If
you are giving talks, most places will have an HDMI cable that you can
use to plug into their projectors. But if you get a micro HDMI, you'll
need to carry around your own cable and hope that you don't forget it or
lose it.

I'm wondering how USB type C will change this situation.

I find that mac lightning or mini display port are buggy for use with
projectors and you'll be sorry if you go that route in my opinion.

just in case you use windows.... windows will not transmit audio over
HDMI, only video.