[PLUG] Odd display of .pdf in Firefox on Ubuntu 14.04

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Nov 16 04:11:38 UTC 2015

I have an internal website with a pair of .pdf files. One is in color,
the other is the same thing in black and white. They were both made from
a .jpg. The web page has links to these two .pdf files. When I click on
the b&w one Firefox opens it and it looks correct. When I click on the
color one, Firefox opens it, but it looks weird. It's black and white,
but there are repeating images in the background, it's really dark, and
only the top 1/4 displays. If I open it with the Midori browser (same
Ubuntu 14.04 machine) it looks correct. If I open it with Firefox from
an Ubuntu 12.04 machine in the house it looks correct. If I open it with
Firefox on Linux Mint it looks okay. If I open the .pdf file with
Document Viewer on my Ubuntu 14.04 machine it looks correct.

So, the only place it looks weird is with Firefox on Ubuntu 14.04.

What should I be looking for to figure out why this looks strange?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens