[PLUG] Xfinity cable modem suggestions?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Nov 26 01:24:12 UTC 2015

>>>>> "Larry" == Larry Brigman <larry.brigman at gmail.com> writes:

Larry> Arris Surfboard wifi version with 802.3AC1900.
Larry> http://shop.surfboard.com/

FWIW, even when you buy and own the cable modem it is under Comcast
control.  The first 15 minutes after you hook it up is them loading
their own firmware onto the thing.  Having Comcast in control of the
wifi is suboptimal, in my opinion.  I recommend a bridging device, one
coax, one ethernet, no wifi on the device, so that you can control the
network on your side.  The SB6141 is such a device.  Hook up your own
gateway and wifi router that Comcast doesn't control.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net