[PLUG] Video-Connecting for Tech-Support ... (Re4: Networking & HP-Printer Probs ...)

Charles charles at gov1.us
Sun Nov 29 02:36:53 UTC 2015

On 11/28/2015 05:38 PM, wes wrote:

>     Google-chat might already be set-up on my HTC-1 cell-phone.
>     An ex-house-mate set my phone up with extensive google programs.
>     https://plus.google.com/u/0/104223789927624641382/posts
>
>     And i also have a facebook account, here:
>     https://www.facebook.com/CharlesStewart4
>
> if you can locate an app on your phone named "Hangouts" that may be all
> we need.

I have "Hangouts" installed on my phone.

> you can add me as a contact (wes at the-wes.com)
> or give me your google addressso I can add you.

My google email-address is
charlesnlc15 at gmail.com

another address connected there-to, is
charles at constitutionalgov.us

Some related data from my google-page reads as:

"Other phones
(503) 482-9145
Used for: Google Voice, Hangouts"

I contacting you at
wes at the-wes.com

I get an error saying
"you are offline."

my phone seems set by default to connect thru my network;
but, some-how, it cant connect to my network.

I just called a friend on my regular "Ting" account,
& so norman cell-tower connections seem working.

When it is trying to connect thru my network,
it tries for "ip 192.168.0.1"
(if that is of any help).

> once we're added, we can then initiate a video call.
> if you do this on your phone,
> it will use your phone's camera, which you can then point to the printer.

sounds good.

> if that doesn't pan out, we can try facebook as a backup plan.
> you would have to install the facebook app on your phone then.

I am more enthused about trying to get google hangouts working.
But i will defer to your judgement as to how best to proceed.

I might konk-out early here.

cz ...