[PLUG] Video-Connecting for Tech-Support ... (Re4: Networking & HP-Printer Probs ...)

wes plug at the-wes.com
Sun Nov 29 06:09:04 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Charles <charles at gov1.us> wrote:

> On 11/28/2015 05:38 PM, wes wrote:
>

>>     Google-chat might already be set-up on my HTC-1 cell-phone.
>>     An ex-house-mate set my phone up with extensive google programs.
>>     https://plus.google.com/u/0/104223789927624641382/posts
>>
>>     And i also have a facebook account, here:
>>     https://www.facebook.com/CharlesStewart4
>>
>> if you can locate an app on your phone named "Hangouts" that may be all
>> we need.
>>

> I have "Hangouts" installed on my phone.
>
> you can add me as a contact (wes at the-wes.com)
>> or give me your google addressso I can add you.
>>

> My google email-address is
> charlesnlc15 at gmail.com
>
> another address connected there-to, is
> charles at constitutionalgov.us
>
> Some related data from my google-page reads as:
>
> "Other phones
> (503) 482-9145
> Used for: Google Voice, Hangouts"
>
> I contacting you at
> wes at the-wes.com

well, I hope you intended to blast your personal contact info across the
internet. it's out there now, no going back.

> I get an error saying
> "you are offline."
>
> my phone seems set by default to connect thru my network;
> but, some-how, it cant connect to my network.
>
> I just called a friend on my regular "Ting" account,
> & so norman cell-tower connections seem working.
>
> When it is trying to connect thru my network,
> it tries for "ip 192.168.0.1"
> (if that is of any help).

you may want to consider turning off wi-fi so it connects through the cell
towers, if you have a data plan and don't mind using it for this. getting
Hangouts to connect is a pre-requisite for this to work.

-wes