[PLUG] Ubuntu 14.04 Update Notifier (Gnome Classic)

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Nov 30 18:11:10 UTC 2015

I have Ubuntu 14.04 running with Gnome Classic and Metacity. Recently a
red triangle with an exclamation mark has appeared on the top line of
the screen. When I click on it I get  a message that says,

"The update information is outdated. This may be caused by network
problems or by a repository That is no longer available. Please update
manually by selecting 'Show updates' from the indicator menu, and
watching for any failing repositories."

When I click "Show updates" I get a window titled "Software Updater"
that says, The software on this computer is up to date."

Any ideas on how to get the red triangle to reset itself -- or whatever
the problem is?

Thanks.

--
Regards,