[PLUG] Patreon data breech

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 5 22:59:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> If you supported artists through Patreon your data may be stolen.
> The dataset is online. I found myself in it.

Michael,

   Hope you have no issues resulting from the breech. It's not surprising to
learn about another penetrated system. I doubt there's a business,
organization, or government data set or point-of-sale system that has not
been cracked.

   I've noticed, too, that since M$ released their on-line 365 stuff that I
regularly get spam from their servers. Before this, it was the infrequent
hotmail account that was used.