[PLUG] Home network error

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Oct 6 22:09:49 UTC 2015

On 10/06/2015 02:55 PM, Russell Senior wrote:
> Dick> To keep a long story short, I was trying to use Wireshark on
> Dick> Ubuntu 12.04. (Keeping the story short, I won't go into why I
> Dick> wanted to use it.) When I started it up it said "No interface can
> Dick> be used ... See Capture Help below for details." When I clicked on
> Dick> "How to Capture" Chromium started up and opened to the Wireshark
> Dick> wiki page. [...]
>
> sudo tcpdump -s0 -w /tmp/capture.pcap -i eth0
> ^C
> wireshark /tmp/capture.pcap

Thanks, Russell. The reason I wanted to look at network traffic became
moot when I just decided that the installation I was trying to do with
an Ubuntu mini iso CD wasn't doing anything, and I switched to an Ubuntu
DVD. That installation succeeded, and I am using it with a turntable
connected to the audio line in to record LPs with Audacity.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens