[PLUG] websites that seem to take over the machine

Robert Munro ramunro at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 10 09:36:19 UTC 2015

Thanks to all for suggesting ublock origin, noscript and ghostery, all
of which I've just added to Firefox ESR 38.3 and am happy with so far.

Other Firefox extensions I've installed are Google Disconnect, Facebook
Disconnect and Twitter Disconnect. Those might be redundant now, maybe,
but I found them helpful and easy to use, though minimally informative.
I mention those as a less draconian approach than the full-on blockers.