[PLUG] multi-function color laser printer for home office

Joe Shisei Niski joeniski at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 23:31:19 UTC 2015

On 08/11/2015 01:32 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Joe Shisei Niski wrote:
>
>> >My initial research shows that multifunction color lasers (some of which
>> >are powered by LEDs rather than real lasers) have come way down in price
>> >in recent years. The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw looks great. Does anyone on
>> >this list have experience or recommendations with this model or
>> >near-equivalents?
> Joe,
>
>     I've no idea how 'near-equivalent' my Color LaserJet 2550L might be to the
> model you're considering, but that's the model I have and I like it very
> much. It is strictly a color LJ printer (unifunction), but does it well. My
> need for color printing is low and toner does not dry and clog like a
> low-use color inkjet printer's ink and print heads. One of the colors shows
> low on toner; it's been that way since I bought it, but the few dozen or so
> color pages I've printed have not run it dry.
>
>     Based on my experience you would not go wrong to buy an HP color LJ.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rich

Thanks, Rich, and others who participted in the original thread. Our
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw arrived this week, and the setup was
pretty easy, thanks to HPLIP. Color photos look surprisingly good on
regular paper, network scanning is a breeze, and it's super-fast
compared to our old LaserJet 5m.