[PLUG] I can't login to my Ubuntu laptop anymore. It keeps looping at the login.

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sat Oct 17 00:57:27 UTC 2015

you can
 boot into th live thingy
 mount your drive # assume you mount it at /mnt for this idea
 edit /mnt/etc/shadow to nullify your password (the : are delimiters)
   example before:
    mikeraz:$6$rW.YSVJM$1EIrCggPMyF/i8D/Inh/DG53jZzgk5L41zc447Br8HMqqBNgDOFg9NDpMfiK3..utf7xNC.KoNprygxONEduW1:16522:0:99999:7:::
   example after:
    mikeraz::16522:0:99999:7:::

   verify your homedir exists
    ls /mnt/home/<username>
    ls /mnt/home/mikeraz  # in this example

close everything down and try booting and logging in again.

Side Question:  What is your self assesment for tech skill and interest?