[PLUG] Configuring Dual SSD/spinning HD System

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 22:34:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com> wrote:

In general, though, I'm with Ken: put your OS on the SSD.

agree with this advice!

Additionally, when I had my system set up like that, I found that there
were certain applications which responded a lot better when their cache (a
browser with 2 dozen+ tabs open) or source data files (fast dvd burning)
were on the SSD, so I made a little /local partition that held just the
stuff that had been problematic/showed a dramatic benefit when placed
there.  Those were literally the only two things I came across in my normal
workflow, but you'll know yours best :)