[PLUG] Configuring Dual SSD/spinning HD System

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 24 13:28:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015, Dale Snell wrote:

> First off, does Slackware have any recommendations?

   Not that I've been able to find searching the Web.

> First off, I'd have multiple partitions.

   I've done this too, except on a couple of portables. As disk capacity
increases fsck takes a long time when it has a huge partiton to check.

   I'm not aware of technical reasons for having only / and /home. Seems to
me to be similar to putting all business records in a single file folder (or
personal records in a shoebox) rather than in one folder for each month.
Underneath, does it really matter how hard drives are partitioned or is it
simply personal preference? Just curious.

   Thanks for the good information, Dale. and I'll be at Free Geek when they
open to see if they have a refurb I can use in the interim.