[PLUG] I also will bring an old iBook G-4

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Sep 19 20:21:07 UTC 2015

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:26:43 -0700
Vedanta Teacher <orevedantateacher at gmail.com> dijo:

>  I also have an old iBook G-4 I'll bring too. It is Tiger OSX 10.4,
>37.46 gig HD, 1.5 gig ram. I "think" it's an old Motorola CPU.
>
>  I have the original discs but I'll be damned if I can remember the
>installation password from 2004. We used to be able to get past the
>Win (3.1 or 95 ?) passwords by forcing it to boot through the BIOS
>(I didn't say that; I'm actually not in the room) but I don't know
>if you can do it with the Mac OS.

You can install the PowerPC version of Ubuntu on a G4. There may be
versions of other distros that can be installed as well, but that is
the only one I know of. I have the ISO of version 14.04 which we can
burn to a DVD disk or USB stick. It will run live so you can try it out
or you can install it.