[PLUG] Firefox cannot locate localhost: httpd will not start [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 22 17:59:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015, Bob Vinisky wrote:

> Do you use Slackpkg to upgrade? I seem to remember a similar incident some
> months back when, after doing an upgrade, I got lazy and selected
> “overwrite” for the configuration files, which of course overwrote my
> https.conf. I, too, didn’t reboot for some time and had a heck of a time
> figuring out why the file got hosed!

Bob,

   Yes, I use slackpkg and sbopkg for upgrades. It's possible that I
overwrote httpd.conf, but I have backup copies httpd.conf-14.1 and
httpd.conf.orig. Copied each of them to httpd.conf trying to find a
difference (diff found none, either). Very strange.

   Now the problem is accessing the financial software. I'll post that in a
new thread.

Thanks,