[PLUG] xterm font losing pixels

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Wed Sep 23 06:12:27 UTC 2015

Weird behavior:

Sometimes one of the characters in my gnome-terminal instances
(I typically run about 20) loses a few black pixels - on every
instance of that character on every terminal instance.

Restarting X fixes it - or else causes a different character
to lose pixels.

Restarting X means a lot of cleanup - closing apps and windows.
I've run "memtest86" and "stress" to see if this old laptop is
the problem.   Different fonts do the same thing, when they are
scaled down to font size 8 or 9.

Not sure where to look for a fix.  Where does gnome-terminal
store its font tables, or render them?

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com