[PLUG] Video editor with audio graph?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Sep 25 20:11:31 UTC 2015

Does anyone know of a video editor that also includes a graph of the
audio ala Audacity?

I'm working on a transcription where I need to list the time codes at
the beginning and end of a "line" which is not necessarily a sentence.
The video I have is just the time code on the screen plus audio. I can
open the .mov file in Audacity and can pretty much line up elapsed time
and get close to that with the OpenShot video editor, but not quite.
Note that time code is h:mm:ss:ff where ff is the frame number within
that second, there being 24 frames per second. This is working, but
takes a fair amount of time to "see" the start and end of a line. It
would be much easier if I could also see the graph of the audio.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens