[PLUG] Setup git inside emacs on MacOS?

eehouse eehouse at eehouse.org
Wed Apr 13 15:01:02 UTC 2016

Been using git inside emacs for 10 years it seems, but always on
Debian Linux (where setup is as simple as apt-get installing the emacs
and git-el packages.) Now a new job has handed me a Macbook
Pro. Code's kept in git, and I have emacs working (with projectile,
even), but I can't figure out how to install or enable git
integration.

Specifically, I want M-x git-status to work.

Googling for 'emacs git macos' or similar finds nothing but how to
check out and build emacs for your Mac.

Any suggestions? Is this something that comes from the emacs package
manager on MacOS?

Thanks,

--Eric