[PLUG] Tuesday Advanced Topics?

Vedanta Teacher orevedantateacher at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 00:24:04 UTC 2016

Hari Om,

   One basic rule in churches is that 5% of the people do 95% of the work
(I know, in some ways
I helped set up a Hindu Temple). I think the same rule would apply to any
volunteer organization.
That also means the more you put into it the more you get out of it and
that's why organizations
survive long term - people are stronger as groups than as individuals. I'm
reading a book about
the growth of the cult of Mithra in the Roman empire and all the same rules
applied at that time.
**
  I couldn't give the talk but for the future I was wondering about a
discussion about people using
non-standard operating systems for daily use and how they deal with the
paucity of information.
For example; I have one system in Ubuntu 14.04, another in Mint 17.3 Rosa
which have a wealth
of support and information and are user friendly. I also have a system in
PC-BSD and would like to
set up a system in Open BSD (I'm reading Absolute OpenBSD by Michael Lucas)
neither is
very user friendly but I'm attracted to the power, security and stability
(in my mind) those systems
offer.

Anyway, it was just a thought.

Peace to you all,