[PLUG] Minimalist network WinXP <-> Debian Jessie. How?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 16 17:08:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016, Richard Owlett wrote:

> I'm just not comfortable that comprehend Linux security practices. I'll
> have to learn sometime. Suggested reading?

Richard,

   If you don't add a cable between the two laptops as Galen suggested, and
decide to install a wifi router you can limit access to the two laptops. All
the routers have a setup page (web browser accessible) where you can enter
the MAC addresses of the radios permitted to be served by the router.