[PLUG] net responsibility

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Sun Aug 21 01:10:22 UTC 2016

Apparently, the future of net responsibility is murky.  Net
responsibility aims to be an OSS replacement for Covenant Eyes.
The main plus, it works on Linux.  The project needs more C++
developers and has been in trouble since at least 2013.

Few problems trying to get it to work on Fedora 24.  First off,
you need an old version of poco.  Poco-1.4.7-all is what you need.
As far as I can tell, you have to compile with --omit=Data/MySQL.
When you compile net-responsibility and do a make install, you are
asked for your username and password.  Unfortunately, I can't get
the registration email from net-responsibility's web site.  I'd
recommend that the server net-responsibility sends it's data to
could be inside a company's network or inside a person's home
instead of hosted at net-responsibility's web site.

One major improvement that net-responsibility needs, it needs to
be made multi-user aware.  User a of system foo might have
different allowances than user b.