[PLUG] Remote GUI access to an Ubuntu machine

Ronald Bynoe ronald at bynoe.us
Tue Dec 6 18:31:08 UTC 2016

X-Forwarding, it's built into SSH but has to be enabled with ssh -X or in
the config file. You'll also need some X packages installed on the server
you are connecting to. This will forward just the X application you want.
If you're looking to remotely connect to a window manager running on
another box,  you'll want VNC or the like.