[PLUG] 4k displays with video card recommendations?

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:46:48 UTC 2016

Maybe you do not need a graphics card on your i7 if your desktop has
DisplayPort ... depending on the screen you get.
2nd/3rd Generation Intel® Core - 2560 x 1600 over DP
4th Gen H-Processors: 3840 x 2160 over DP
5th/6th Gen H-Processors: 4096 x 2304 over DP and HDMI 1.4
Assuming that you are not gaming; normal desktop and video works fine.
I use 30" 2560 x 1600 via DP - exactly that way since 2012 using 3rd
Gen i7 desktop CPU and 2nd Gen i7 laptop CPU.
I like taller screens than 16:9, if I can help it.
Tomas