[PLUG] emacs and git

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Fri Dec 16 21:49:27 UTC 2016

On 12/16/16 10:37, Galen Seitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to install magit, but it would be interesting to hear what
> others have to say regarding emacs git packages.  I've used psvn
> extensively, but this will be my first attempt at serious emacs+git usage.

Well, magit may be the best thing since sliced bread, but running any
remotely recent version requires Emacs v24.4 and Git v1.9.4.  I've got a
recent version of git installed, but CentOS/RH 6 supplies emacs 23.1.1.
I really don't want to go down the rebuild/upgrade rabbit hole.  I think
I'll try the git.el that comes with git.  I someone tells me I really
really should upgrade emacs, perhaps I'll reconsider.

galen
--
Galen Seitz
galens at seitzassoc.com