[PLUG] Emacs: convert all uppercase words to capitalized

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 20 18:59:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016, Ken Stephens wrote:

> There is a PERL routine that capitalizes the first letter of a word:
> ucfirst EXPR, http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/ucfirst.html

Ken,

   Thanks for the pointer.

   I created an emacs macro (F3 to start, M-c, M-f, M-b, F4 to stop) and it
works as needed. It's interesting that using C-u 0 C-x e is supposed to run
the macro through the entire file, but it does not stop at the end. Instead
it keeps chugging along until I killed it with C-g. The entire file was case
coverted, too.

   Doing a lot of text and data work within emacs suggests learning how to do
things within the tool.

Happy holidays,