[PLUG] PC Engines Group Order

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Feb 8 07:35:50 UTC 2016

Hi folks!

I am getting ready to do another group order from PC Engines
(pcengines.ch).  In particular, I'm intending to order some of the new
APU2 boards and associated paraphernalia, a 4-core 64-bit x86 cpu in a
small fan-less form factor with 3 ethernet ports.  We did an order of
a few (total of 4, i think) of the first-gen APU a few months ago,
which worked out pretty well.

There aren't volume prices.  The idea of the group order is to cut
down on the shipping costs, which are substantial coming from
Switzerland.  Split several ways, it makes it seem more reasonable.
Also, for reasons that aren't completely clear to me, we sometimes are
charged less than the prices on the US price list, though since I
don't know why, I can't predict that they will be lower.  I divide the
shipping cost based on the weight that appears on the invoice.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.  We have enough interest
already, so we'll probably submit the order later this week.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net