[PLUG] Tool to test internet speed

Jim Garrison jhg at jhmg.net
Wed Feb 17 04:39:33 UTC 2016

On 2/16/2016 8:18 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> And to repeat, I am paying Comcast for Performance-75 service, which is
> supposed to give me 50-75 Mbps down and 25 Mbps up. And until a
> couple weeks ago I used to see upload speeds of around 25 Mbps.

Hmmm... I've never seen any Comcast service that offers 25Mbps upload.
In fact the plan descriptions list only download speeds and not upload.
They seem to have scrubbed the website of any mention of upload speed.
Maybe that is so they can mess with upload speeds at will and not have
to tell you?

I'd suggest that if rebooting the modem doesn't fix the problem it's
time for a chat with Comcast support.  Yes, I know a root canal without
anaesthetic would be less painful.  Sorry.

--
Jim Garrison (jhg at acm.org)
PGP Keys at http://www.jhmg.net RSA 0x04B73B7F DH 0x70738D88