[PLUG] ZoneMinder Slides

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 04:18:45 UTC 2016

I wanted to try to make that meeting but due to being in Burley, ID doing
some
work I was unable to make it.

I ran ZoneMinder while living in Tampa FL, we had a break in next door, my
cameras captured some of the activity of the perps. One thing that the
Sheriff
told me was that they really liked the ZM video, I had always set it up to
capture
into JPG files, rather than one of the other formats, the Sheriff's people
told me
that JPG was the preferred format for them, much easier to manipulate with
their tools.

Not sure if this is true today, but if so, it is something to keep in mind
when
setting up a ZM DVR.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:08 AM, Michael Dexter <dexter at ambidexter.com>
wrote:

> Thank you Kevin for the great talk tonight on ZoneMinder and for the 21
> people who showed up, making it one of the best-attended PLUG AT meetings.
>
> Here are Kevin's slides for all who requested them:
>
> http://pdxlinux.org/2016-02-16-ZoneMinder.pdf
>
> All the best,
>
> Michael Dexter
> PLUG Volunteer

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.