[PLUG] Optical drive driving me crazy

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 1 13:45:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I used 'umount -l' to get rid of it. Right after that is when I got the:
> [410083.768178] VFS: busy inodes on changed media or resized disk sr0

John,

   That makes sense. The umount man page has this description for the '-l'
option:

 	"-l	Lazy unmount. Detach the filesystem from the filesystem
 		hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the filesystem
 		as soon as it is not busy anymore. (Requires kernel 2.4.11
 		or later.)"

   While /dev/sr0 is immediately detached, the filesystem hierarchy
references are not removed until /dev/sr0 is no longer busy. Ergo, you're
stuck with the filesystem seeing the drive as busy.

   Potential solutions beyond my knowledge.

Happy New Year anyway,