[PLUG] I'm going to build a laptop..

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 2 16:41:45 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 09:04:24 -0700
Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> dijo:
s your needs for a laptop.

>If you want a new laptop with more speed/power, then I recommend
>System 76 ( https://system76.com/). They come with Ubuntu installed,
>but you can get them with almost any distro you want.

+1 for System76.

System76 sells laptop made by Clevo (China) and imported by Sager,
their sole US distributor. Sager resells wholesale to others, System76
being one of them. System76 sells them only with Linux, so you know
everything will be compatible.

I have had my System76 laptop for a couple years now and I have been
very pleased with the quality and service. More to the point, you can
order a laptop with an abundant number of options, including choices
for CPU, disk(s) and video chip, among others. All of these things and
more are also upgradeable in the future. I have found it very easy and
straightforward to disassemble my laptop.