[PLUG] I'm going to build a laptop..

Joe Shisei Niski joeniski at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 04:06:42 UTC 2016

On 01/02/2016 08:41 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

>  +1 for System76. System76 sells laptop made by Clevo (China) and
> imported by Sager, their sole US distributor. Sager resells wholesale
> to others, System76 being one of them. System76 sells them only with
> Linux, so you know everything will be compatible. I have had my
> System76 laptop for a couple years now and I have been very pleased
> with the quality and service. More to the point, you can order a
> laptop with an abundant number of options, including choices for CPU,
> disk(s) and video chip, among others. All of these things and more are
> also upgradeable in the future. I have found it very easy and
> straightforward to disassemble my laptop.

+1 also for Clevo (i thought they're in Korea, not that it matters
much). I'm on my third Clevo laptop in over a decade. The first one
developed case fatigue around the display and couldn't be repaired a
second time. The second (going on 7 years old) is still serving as my
wife's desktop system. The latest i purchased through System 76 almost 2
years ago, for about the same price as getting it through Sager (the
first two I bought directly from Sager. )The System 76 techs are great
to work with when the Ubuntu forums can't help.