[PLUG] VPN anyone?

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 01:15:35 UTC 2016

> I guess that's a question you have to answer for your self. No one
> here is trying to sell you a VPN Service or for that matter even
> trying to sell you on the idea of one. OP asked about it and I replied
> w. some hopefully relevant and useful information.
>
> PLUG-TALK would be the proper channel to discuss the merits of said
> service and why one should or should not trust any of them.

With that being said, I'd be very interested in either a PLUG TALK or
PLUG CLINIC around personal digital and online security. I was very
interested in a decade ago as it was a driver to my switch to Linux and
then I got lazy about it.

I recently learned about wifi routers from Thinkpenquin that has
hardware that is Respect Your Freedom Certified and ships running
LibreCMC. I'd also like to replace the proprietary BIOS w. Coreboot.

Corporations have just as much interest in my personal information and
online activities as our government and like to make it a lot harder for
both of them to get.