[PLUG] Boot failure

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 01:57:12 UTC 2016

Yesterday morning I started my Ubuntu 14.04 desktop system only to be
presented with "Busybox V1.21.1 (ubuntu 1:1.21.0 1ubuntu1)
builtin shell (ash)
initramfs

Entering "exit" just returned the same "Busybox..."

Power off then power back on presented a screen which seemed to present
various startup options. (No good notes at this point.)  While trying to
digest the options it got tired of waiting it booted.  Everything has been
normal since then.

Is it possible that I hit a key during the first startup that triggered the
"Busybox ..."?  I was a bit distracted, so that is possible.  If such a
cause is not likely, what might this message be a harbinger of?

Thanks,
-Denis