[PLUG] Linux Contract Position

Bynoe, Ronald J ronald.j.bynoe at intel.com
Tue Jan 19 18:25:45 UTC 2016

Hey guys, I posted one of these several months ago, and we have another one now. If any of you are looking for work in the Hillsboro area, my team is looking for a 6-18 month duration contract for a Linux validation technician. You'll need to know the Linux CLI pretty thoroughly, python, and feel comfortable in a datacenter environment (managed switches, targets, rack mounted servers, etc).

If you're interested, the listing is public via Kelly, so any of the agencies that feed into Kelly would work, here's one that I found for the job listing:
https://search8.smartsearchonline.com/collaborative/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=2275

Apply for the position, and then send me an email letting me know that you did, I'll try to let our hiring manager know what names to look for in the candidate pool.

The description for the position is:

Details

Description

This position provides a challenging technical opportunity to validate drivers and software for emerging technologies in the networking and storage industries. An ideal candidate should have extensive Linux experience including deploying Linux environments, configuring networking, adding storage, etc. The candidate should have experience with networking fundamentals, Internet protocols, and troubleshooting procedures.

Duties include performing test automation activities, developing test scripts from test plans and executing automated test scripts in support of the test process to ensure quality standards are met. Additional duties include testing adapter configuration tools, configuration of networking and SAN equipment, maintaining test environment and documentation.

Required Skills:
• 4+ years experience with the Linux operating system and prefer the command line
• 2+ years experience doing Linux shell and Python scripting
• 1+ years experience with Git

Desired Skills:
• Experience with test automation tool such as Jenkins, Buildbot, or Autotest.
• Be able to clearly and concisely report observations and communicate status of tasks
• Superb troubleshooting and diagnostic skills including the ability to solve problems independently
• Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to determine the next logical steps within the scope of work being done

Pleasantly,
Ronald Bynoe