[PLUG] [PLUG-ANNOUNCE] PLUG AT: You got something or I got something

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 03:57:18 UTC 2016

I used it in Tampa for video surveillance systems. I had a point where we
gave video to law enforcement, they really liked the fact that ZM kept the
videos as JPG images, made processing them very easy. You can tell it
to store in other formats, but JPG is the preferred one for many law en-
forcement agencies according to the sheriff video people in Hillsborough Co
FL.

You can download a liveCD (there was more than one) to play with. I used
it with networked cameras but if you have a frame grabber card you can use
analog cameras, and you can also use USB cameras with it.

The biggest problem was with camera producers who's product only worked
with I.E. or some windows based tool. But usually the cameras were not
worth much.