[PLUG] Resolved: What do you call a portable computer that ...

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Jan 27 22:30:42 UTC 2016

I ended up getting a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 tablet. I put Ubuntu 14.04 on
it and copied my music library to it. It works well in the car. At
first, I thought I would want a tablet because it would be simpler to
operate, and thinner at the foot of a passenger. As it turns out, it's
actually easier to use it as a laptop. What makes it work is a feature I
had not seen on previous laptops, and that is the ability to leave the
computer running with the lid closed. This offers better protection to
the screen and this model is slim enough to not be a problem for the
passenger.

I'm using Totem Movie player to play music files. It's simple to use,
and the way I store the files makes sense to me and my wife, which is
all that matters for us.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens