[PLUG] Failure Mode in 20 volt Power Adapters

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu Jan 28 01:08:54 UTC 2016

the center pin is a "data" line, the computer uses it to identify the power
adapter powering it. the computer may refuse to do things like run at full
speed, or charge the battery, if it cannot verify that the power adapter is
capable of handling that load.

I think it's some sort of fire prevention scheme?

-wes